Saturday, June 14, 2008

Gobi Desert.

Progress is being made!

My place is finally starting to look better. They always say that things have to look worse before they look better and that's definitely true for our work. We started by taking things off the wall and painting the not so pretty primer everywhere and now that some color is up, the unit is looking great!

Saturday was a long work day for my mom, Craig, and I. We started at 10:30 that morning and didn't stop until after 6pm. Although it was a long and tiring day, so much was done and you can really see all the transformations taking shape. I couldn't have done it without their help, so I am very grateful that Craig and my mom devoted their day to helping me. :) We put on some music, made jokes about Gobi Desert, Balmy Seas, and who is the lucky one that gets to name the paints, and the next thing we knew it was already 6pm.
Adam and Jen stopped by to visit and take in the progress and later that day Betsy came by too! In the middle of all the visitors and painting being done, I had an appointment with the flooring guy to quote new flooring. 3 hours later and much negotiation, I decided on new carpet upstairs in Natural plush and laminate hardwood downstairs in a Latte Oak. (Again, loved the name.) The floors will go in Wednesday and Thursday... pictures, of course, to follow! Can't wait!

No comments: