Monday, January 11, 2010

New Dining Room Light Fixture

I knew before I even closed on my house that the dining room light fixture had to go.  Not even centered over the table, not even your grandma would like this style...
So, I can't tell you how the sorry little light lasted this long but it did until this past weekend.  For the longest time I had been lusting over an extravagant light from Crate and Barrel even so much as to ask for it for Christmas.  When I did in fact receive a nice gift card from Janet and my Dad for Christmas, I hurried my little (well bigger thanks to Christmas goodies) butt over to crateandbarrel.com only to discover that they had raised the price another $30! Who does that?!?  So rather than fork over the moolah for the light I had been dreaming about for the past year and a half, I decided to look and see what else was on the market that wasn't so high maintenance and full of themselves!  Lucky in love, I stumbled upon this light from CB2: Eden Pendent Lamp.  At nearly 1/4th the price of the original and totally as cute, it was love at first sight! My gift card covered the entire purchase too - happy day!

The only problem was the light was a plug in not a hardwired to the ceiling mount type.  With a little help from my mom, we cut the cord (to my new baby... too far?) and attached the exposed wires to the existing ceiling electrical.  I reused the previous ceiling mount by painting it a glossy white to cover the hole in the ceiling.  In order to center the light over the table, an hook was installed in the ceiling and the light positioned in perfect place.  All in all, it took less than an hour and I wonder why I didn't do it sooner.


 What do you think? Stunning? 


 Who wants to come over for a dinner party??!  BYOD... Bring your own dinner... ;)